Wednesday, April 6, 2011

À la ferme

Happy Wednesday!!
I hope that you are all having a great week.
Thank you for sending in the egg cartons, please keep them coming. For those of you who ordered Scholastic for the month of March, it is on its way. Scholastic had some troubles on their end regarding my account and until that was fixed I was not able to order books. They are now on their way though and I expect them sometime next week.

Thank you again for helping your child build some great looking modes of transport!! I took their pictures today with their creations. I plan on placing their pictures on their write up. We will presenting their projects in the next couple of days. The projects brings the end of our theme En voyage, however we will still be receiving postcards and looking up the destinations on the map.

Our new theme is À la ferme ( on the farm) I'm excited about this months theme, seeing that when I was young my father had what we called a funny farm. It was actually a hobby farm and we had all kinds of animals (pigs,cows, ducks,goats,chickens,roosters and one horse. I even bought and raised my own pig. His name was Piggy ( I know not that creative) and well you can all probably figure out piggies outcome. But it was a great experience for sure. I'm excited to share my stories with the class. I'm looking into visiting an organic farm as a field trip and having some guest speakers come in and speak to the children about their lives as farmers.

We are still having fun in math learning lots about measurement. Today we learned about surfaces and what we would need to cover a surface, the students compared different surfaces and determined which were larger than others. Please continue to review addition and subtraction up to 20 with your child. If you need flash cards please let me know and I would be happy to send some home for you.

The month of April is fairly busy and will be over before we know it, I'm sure. This Friday we have an assembly to see how much our school raised for Juvenile arthritis. If we raised more than $1500.00 a teacher and a student will be dying their hair blue. We are encouraged to wear blue for this event in order to show our support. So please be sure that your child wears something blue. They are asking that you send in 25 cents for this. Next week we will be having a visit from the Easter Seals ambassador. Also there is talk about a talent show happening at the end of the month. Mrs. MG will be having auditions so if your child has a talent they would like to show off, feel free to encourage them to participate. We will also being going to a puppet show on April 11th. Please look for permission slips in the next couple of days.  I think that's all for now. If you have any questions feel free to let me know. I hope that you all with have a great rest of the week and a fabulous weekend.
Till next week....
Laurie Anne :)

No comments:

Post a Comment