Monday, November 23, 2015

Long time, no post!

Sorry for not posting the last two weeks. I finally figured out what was going on with my blog! Sometimes technology and me are not the greatest friends! I hope you all had a great week and are ready for the last full week of November! Can you believe it, I sure cant.

The Christmas concert is right around the corner. We still have a ways to go with our song and putting all the actions together. Please practice the song at home with your child when you get a chance. Mme Wilma was in today and told us we need to pronounce the first line of Deck the Halls better. I guess we sounded all mumbled.

We continue to collect change for the turkeys, however its a bit slow. Thank-you to all of you who have been helping out. Keep up the great work and keep the small change coming in. I have contact the Drop In and they have happily excepted our donation again this year. I will keep you all posted. I will be needing volunteers to help sell candy canes at the Christmas Concert next week. I usually go in shifts and then during the concert I have usually weaseled Mike and a couple of my friends into selling them. If you are interested in helping out please let me know.

This is a short week, this week seeing that we have parent teacher conference Thursday night and all day Friday, so no school Friday. I look forward to chatting with you. If you have any questions about the report card please bring it along with you to discuss. At the conference you are encouraged to stop by the annual book fair. This will be set up in the gym. The students will be able to preview what the book fair has on Wednesday during their library time. They usually write a wish list that they take home with them. There will also be a class wish list there for you to donate books to your child's classroom. You can also go on the hunt for missing items that your child may have lost at school. This is usually set up in the hall but may be found in the gym. Keep your eyes open!

Sprit day is on Thursday, in honor Movember the students are encouraged to sport a mustache. We have no school on Monday, the teachers have PD day.

We are having a great time trying fruits and veggies in class. Every day the students as me what they are trying! Thanks again for helping make this happen. Also in French, the students are learning the proper names of body parts. The students are also working on their French rhyming skills.

In Math, the students are starting to learn about simple addition up to 20. We have started to count up to 50 now in French and have been working on counting by 10's up to 100. Please take some time to help them with this in French.

In Science, this week I hope to introduce the students to Helen Keller. They will also learn about braille and will write their own names in braille.

That is all for this week, just a quick update. Have a great week and be safe I hear a storm is on its way.
Laurie Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment